OSC GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
New Requirements as of December 2017 applied to current Grade 12 class onwards.The OSC high school diploma is based on the successful completion of the following requirements in grades 9-12. The minimum passing level is a course grade of 3. Each course unit length is 1 year.
OSC High School Diploma Requirements
- 4 Units in English
- 4 Units in Individuals and Societies
- 3 Units in Science (recommended 4)
- 3 Units in Mathematics (recommended 4)
- 2 Units in a language other than English
- 2 Units in the Arts
- 2 Units of Creativity, Activity and Service while in grades 11 and 12
- 2 Units of PE
- 2 additional units of a student’s choice
- Satisfactory completion of the TOK programme
Diploma with Distinction
This includes the requirements above and in addition:
- An average final transcript grade of at least 5.0
- Submission of the Extended Essay
- Submission of the TOK Essay
- At least 2 of the courses listed above to be taken at Higher Level
- An additional 2 years of a language other than English
All courses at OSC are drawn from the IB programme, students only aiming for High School graduation may opt to take in school final examinations rather than sit for IB certification.
Units are awarded upon successful completion of a course with satisfactory (above 85%) attendance.
In Grades 11 and 12 students must enroll in a programme with a minimum of 5 academic courses.
If a student is transferring to OSC, previous credits would be reviewed to see where these may meet our academic and graduation requirements.
A student with diagnosed learning needs or with a medical condition which prevents them from accessing the programme fully will receive special consideration for graduation requirements at the discretion of the Head of School.